Saturday, October 31, 2009

Do some alcoholics urinate in strange places?

Please don't give me any bogus answers, I really need some advice here. Ive been seeing a fellow that drinks more than he should %26 woke up this morning to catch him urinating in the kitchen sink. I asked him what he was doing, and he quickly/casually "put it away" and didn't answer me, and proceeded to go back to sleep. I laid there baffled, not sure what to think, and after awhile I decided to leave to go do some chores.

We had slept in the same bed, with me under the covers %26 him on top, both of us in our clothes. When I got out of bed to put my shoes on I realized the whole side of my jeans was wet, but only on the side he was laying on, not between my legs, so it wasn't like I had wet the bed or anything. It was way too wet to have been sweat.

Ive known my share of people in my life, some of them close to me, who have been alcoholics and none of them had this problem. I want to confront him on this but am really weirded out by it. Does anyone know anything about this?
Answer:
Some are completely unaware. My brother, in a drunken stupor, urinated on the kitchen floor, as he felt he was in the bathroom. His body may be so conditioned that it releases, as the signal to the brain is not getting there.
get out while you can.....I think urinating could be the least of the problems
Jeez, you need help as much as this clown. Get out of that situation as fast as you can and get some therapy. No one should put up with kind of s**t.
Some people do urinate in the bed when they are severely drunk. It is not uncommon, but not that wonderful to wake up to! People do also have a tendency when really wasted to urinate in places that they mistake as the bathroom. They really need to just quit getting so drunk!
Drinking alcohol can dull the nerves in the bladder and keep them
from signaling the brain when the bladder is full. Without this
message the bladder overflows. Alcohol (beer, wine, etc.) sometimes can cause the bladder to become too active. This is called “urge incontinence.” (National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases pamphlet, Jan. 1997)”

“The pituitary gland secretes a hormone that regulates the amount of urine produced. When it is affected by alcohol, too little of the hormone is released and causes more urination.(“Understanding Alcohol,” 1992 book by Jean Kinney.)”

“Urge” incontinence: Alcohol can act as a trigger or an irritant, and
avoiding alcohol is sometimes enough to restore continence. (The
Center for Women’s Healthcare, Weill Medical College of Cornell
University, March 2000)”
Not a bogus story....I woke one morning to find my son sleeping on the couch..I noticed the coffee table was wet so got my dishrag and cleaned it up..threw the dishrag in the sink and went to work...Afterwards I got thinking ..I didnt see a beer bottle or glass or anything he couldve spilled...I questioned him when he got home and at first he couldnt think of what it could be but then, (he had been drinking tequila all nite) He remembered standing in front of the couch and water splashing on his legs...He had peed on my coffee table!!! And I used my dishrag to clean it up and never washed my hands before going to work!!!!!EWWWWWWW!!!!
i don't know
As an alcoholic who hasn't had a drink for many years, when drunk, might pee anywhere. When drunk at a party, I peed in the refrigerator without remembering it. I doubt it was intentional harm - either thought in bathroom or just had to go so bad, pick anyplace. If confronted, he might deny it just from being in a blackout - that is, not remembering what he did. Alcoholics can be like that without it being obvious.
Kick him to the curb!
alcoholics have alot of strange behaviors but this sounds like a mental thing like a fetish.However,I am sure that being intoxicated didn't help or having to urinate frequently. I do know that long term alcoholics poop their pants because of loss of bowel control and even can bleed out all from liver complications.
They can also be demented in thinking and,judgement and retarded like even with physical movements. It sounds like he was embarrassed when you caught him so he knows he was doing something wrong.
Some people get so drunk they don't know where they are or what they are doing. This guy is at the bottom of the ladder. Unless you really have a lot of feelings for him and are ready to go thru hell, I would get out while the getting good
Mainly the bed, sometimes in kitchen or linen cupboard when disorientated even seen it happen while walking around the house without even realizing he was doing it, someone else mentioned something about nerve endings and not signalling to brain properly. Used to live and work with alco he was so bad that if he stopped drinking he would hallucinate.
Well a few weeks ago my ex was really wasted and thought he was in his bathroom and he was not did not even have it out...well he pissed all down the front of himself. A couple friends got it on video. I one time peed in a car wash bay. They would not let me use restroom in store so i said screw it told my friends to watch for cops and bring me a handi wipe and there I went!

5 comments:

  1. Get rid of him! I put up with this for four years. Needless to say he became very unsexy to me, then downright repulsive. Eventually i just hated him. His drinking controlled our lives. You are better off single.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it he is worth it don't listen to the bitter people comments their relationship didn't work, communication is the key make him realize it is making him like watching a kid. He needs to feel embarrassed then hr will stop drinking as much around you. Save drunk nights for Vegas

    ReplyDelete
  3. So first he urinated in a basket of clothes .Then in the kitchen sink .Seems to still be asleep . I'm having a talk with him b4 kicking him to the curb .I have 4 kids , one special needs .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seems it is only those close to victims talking or posting about this problem here...those who experience or does this don't say anything thing I think they still feel so embarrassed about this issue and to me I really think it's killing them inside this people really need help..now question is how do we make them part of this so they could get help

    ReplyDelete

 
vc .net